Smoke & Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot are invasive and can infiltrate various cavities within your home, furthermore, causing hidden damage and odor. Our expertise within smoke damage allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage and develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot facts:
- Smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may significantly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke—wet and dry; therefore, different types of soot and residue exist after a fire takes place. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage is present. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Here are more details about the various types of smoke and fire residue:
- Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Signs: Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Signs: Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rise – therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Signs: Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each situation is different, your fire damage requires a unique solution tailored to its specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will treat your family with empathy as well as the respect and care your property needs.